Saturday, October 23, 2010

Long Time No Post. Yikes!

When one doesn’t quite know how to re-start blogging, they have clearly neglected their blog for too long! Sorry if anyone’s been disappointed by my absence. I kinda figured no one would notice anyway. But, a few people did notice. Thanks for the gentle prodding (Bonita). 

I got a little too caught up with work and life. I also started reading a LOT of other blogs about holidays and entertaining and got overwhelmed and intimated by some of the blogs I came across. They all seem so polished and the writers so crafty (in a good way) that I was starting to question my own blog-a-bility.

Harry, me & John at the Buffalo Chip
Lucky for me, while I was away from the blog-o-sphere I had the chance to meet up with some friends from my Chicago days. It was great to reconnect with my peeps: Harry, John, Norm & Dianna - you know who you are. I had so much fun and we had a lot of laughs! A few of them had even checked out my blog and were really positive and excited by it. They gave me a lot of confidence to keep putting my spin on things.

I've decided to get over my blog-envy and get back to having fun, saying what I've got to say and just keep putting the "Ho in Holiday."

Special props go to Harry and John for their very generous donations to my Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF online campaign. I'm 40% to my goal of raising $120, yay!

Now, I'm going to get some Mexican and a margarita for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment